Our Mission Statement
The mission of The English Academy is to provide a learning experience that will encourage students to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens with a global perspective.
- Successful learners: students who enjoy learning. They will develop an understanding of their potential and a desire to achieve it. The curriculum will encourage them to become independent thinkers and decision makers who are creative and critical.
- Confident individuals: students who are able to live a safe, healthy, fulfilling life and develop high self esteem while respecting others.
- Responsible citizens: students who make a positive contribution to society. They will be encouraged to have respect and consideration for other people and the environment in which they live.
- Global perspective: students who value and appreciate their culture, religion and language while taking full advantage of a diverse international education.
Strategic Objectives in Support of Our Mission
- Continue with our policy of seeking a modest growth in student numbers.
- Ensure where appropriate a maximum class size of 25 students.
- Continue to improve the quality and relevance of our academic provision.
- Match the curriculum to the requirements of students.
- Continue to improve the quality and effectiveness of the pastoral provision.
- Continue to develop an after school programme to support learning.
- Deliver a high quality student experience in the fields of sport and the arts.
- Encourage families as partners in the education of a student
- Successfully combine traditional family values with international education.
- Raise the cultural knowledge of the staff to meet the students’ needs.
- Develop performance indicators relevant to our aims and objectives.
- Ensure equality of opportunity for staff and students.
- Recruit and retain the highest quality staff available.
- Raise the school’s profile in Kuwait and abroad.
- Administer our financial and other assets in a sound, business like manner.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle waste